【FOOD】Kimi-Ya Japanese Restaurant · Your Home (Honest Review)

By J U L I A - 8:50 PM

Kimi-Ya 君や

Translated in English, the meaning is "Your Home".



Kimi-Ya is a Japanese Restaurant located at Avantas Residences, Klang Lama.
The Japanese believe that home is where one returns to for peace, joy and comfort
At here, I really found the perfect setting of relax and unwind
Whenever I'm searching for Japanese food, I prioritize the freshness of the ingredients
as you may going to consume raw food like salmon or tuna.
I'm so glad that I finally found another Japanese restaurant made with high quality ingredients,
but with affordable price!


 It was indeed a satisfied dining experience, couldn't be happier served with a table
of good food!😋


From appetizer, main & side dishes to desserts,
I'm so amazed by the taste, the look, the freshness of the food *finger-crossed*
When it comes to food, Kimi-Ya uses only the best and freshest ingredients. 
The food not only tantalized my taste buds, but also warmed my heart!

Also, they always refresh their menu, so the next time you visit the restaurant,
you may be amazed by their new recipes again!


1 
Taraba Gani (150g)


Taraba Gani is a Grilled King Crab with Salt,
The meat of the crab is so juicy and full,
with the mix of fresh lemon, it gives a delightful taste of satisfication.
Hardly find grilled crab at anywhere, but at Kimi-Ya,
I really think they did a great job in this way.


 2
Zaru Soba & Zaru Inaniwa Udon


OK. NO JOKE. 

THIS IS THE BEST COLD NOODLES THAT I'VE EVER TRIED.
And I'm lucky enough to learn the correct way to enjoy cold noodles!


Zaru Soba (RIGHT)  is a Cold Buckwheat Noodles served with Dipping Sauce.
While Zaru Inaniwa Udon (LEFT) is a Cold thin wheat noodles also served with Dipping sauce.
Yes, the second picture with an bird egg on it, is the dipping sauce itself!
And for your information, the wheat noodles are freshly made by the chef.
Let me show you the correct way to enjoy cold noodles! 


Just in case anyone couldn't watch the video,
how you gonna eat cold noodles is: NOT mixing the egg together with the sauce!
Ya you might feel like an expert when you beat the egg with the sauce and eat it with noodles
But it's the WRONG way to enjoy it!
You don't have to beat the egg, just mix it with the sauce without stirring it until it's mixed well.
And then dip your noodles into it, and SLUURRRPPP as loud as you wish!
As long as you enjoy it in the right way, don't feel shameful about it, haha.


3.
Matsu Sashimi Moriawase(4 Types)


This dish is mainly filled with  Salmon, White Tuna, Amberjack and Tuna.
LOOK AT THE SALMON UGHHHH
SO SEXY RIGHT
Dipped with their home-made wasabi and Japanese soy sauce
I am officially out of words to say 😆



4.
Kanpachi Carpaccio

  The combination of Thinly Sliced Amberjack with Carpaccio Sauce,
I leave my worries on doubting the freshness of the raw amberjack,
cause I KNEW it's super fresh and it excites my tastebud!
  
 5
Gyu Garlic Rice Ishiyaki


It's a Garlic Fried Rice Topped with Stir-Fried Sliced Marinated Beef with White Sesame, Fried Garlic and Spring Onion.
The combination of white sesame and beef is just perfectly delicious,
I personally love to eat beef a lot,
the rice for this dish is quite hard I would say....but maybe it's because we did not enjoy it when the dish is freshly served and it turns a little cold later, haha.


6
Nabeyaki Udon

 
 
It's a Wheat Noodles with Shrimp Tempura, Chicken, Fishcake, 
Sweet Beancurd and Egg in Hot Pot.
Yes to hot pot! YAY! 
Are you a beancurd  lover? High-5 cause I am!
Also their handmade Udon won't feel sticky after chewing cause most of the Udon I tried did.
The soup tends to taste more sweeter, it's something that I would order
in a cold weather day.


7
Asari Hoiru Butter Yaki



It's a foil wrap with

Clams and Shimeji Mushrooms in Dashi Soup with Unsalted Butter.
 The meat of the clams is so full and huge, combine with the Dashi soup ful of 
the smell of butter,
it warms my mouth and all the way to my heart😳

 
8
Tofu Salada




Tofu served with Assorted Vegetables, it comes with
3  type of home dressing: Sesame Drssing / Wafu Dressing / Yuzu Dressing.

I personally like Yuzu Dressing a lot, yes, Yuzu.





9
Unagi Special Roll


It's a Omelette and Cucumber Roll with Seared Unagi, Cream Cheese and Sesame Seed Topping.

The Unagi is quite big portion than I expected,  I really enjoy putting the whole sushi inside
my mouth without splitting it into small portions.
Just love the taste 😋😋


 


Next, I'm Hereby introducing you their
June Promotion
 
😍


Hokkaido Uni (Sea Urchin)
This set of Hokkaido Uni is RM38 per portion
It's their monthly promotion for June 2018.
The fresh Uni is airflown from Japan
Valid from 1st June 2018 until 30th June 2018
It's a First come first served dish so you may gonna mange your time before
others finished it!




 Some people can't get use of the taste of the Uni, but for me, surprisingly I can
handle it, and I actually kinda like it!
If you ask me to describe how it taste like......
It's soft...and taste like the ocean😂
You can imagine the deep blue ocean scenario in your mind, indeed, cause it's
so fresh.



This is the amount of Uni they serve in one day!
Fresh and full of thorns😏



Dessert time!

 Warabi Mochi + Kumamoto Melon



There's always a second stomach for desserts, right?
The Warabi Mochi is Bracken starch dumpling served with Brown Sugar Syrup and Soybean Powder.
The taste of fluffiness and softness filled my mouth, combine with the red bean paste,
YUMMMSSS.
Kumamoto melon is a Musk Melon from Japan.
It's a promotional item for May 2018.
Sweeter than your ex 😏😎



Kimi-Ya Details


Address: G-2, Avantas Residences, 162 Jalan Klang Lama, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +6013- 239 3406
Business Hour: Mon- Thurs 12pm- 3pm, 6pm- 10.30pm ; Fri– Sun 11.30am- 3pm, 6pm- 11pm


Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/KimiYa.Malaysia/




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments